PDF Payslip Template
Getting started with this payslip template for Adobe PDF is easy. Just follow these instructions:
1. Downloading Adobe ReaderThe first thing that you need to do is make sure you have the latest version of FREE Adobe Reader. You may think that you don’t need Adobe Reader since you can already open up PDF files on your PC or Mac. But only Adobe Reader will allow you to make edits and save changes to this template. So for instance, if you are on a Mac, it is probably set to open up PDFs with a program called “Preview,” which is great to see what PDF files look like, but won’t allow you to edit or save the form like you should. So here’s how to get Adobe Reader:
- Click this link to go to a page where you can download the FREE Adobe Reader
- Once you’ve downloaded it, find where you’ve downloaded it to, start the installer, and follow the instructions on screen
- Once you are finished installing, you’re ready to move on!
2. Download the PDF Payslip TemplateNow that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader, you’re ready to download the Payslip Template.
- Right-click on the following link: PDF Payslip Template. Choose “Save-As” to download to your hard drive.
- Doing this will enable you to edit from your computer and make copies for the future
- If you don’t right-click, chances are the PDF will just open inside your browser, which isn’t what you want.
3. Open the template in Adobe ReaderAt this point, you are probably ready to start using your template. But there’s one more thing you have to do. By default, the PDF you just downloaded will probably want to open up in a program other than Adobe Reader. So you need to make sure to open in up in Adobe Reader and set that program to be the default program for handling PDFs.
- Find whatever location on your hard drive you used to download your PDF template
- Right click on the file, and choose “Open-With”
- Then select “Adobe Reader”
- When it is opening up, Adobe will give you the option to open up your PDF files by default. Select “Yes” or “OK”. This will make it easier to open your file in the future
4. Get Started!Alright, so now that you have Adobe Reader, you have downloaded the template, and you’ve opened it up in Adobe Reader, you are ready to get started filling it out.
- Just click in the boxes that you need to fill out, and enter in the appropriate information
- When you are done filling in the information, click the button at the bottom of the screen that says “Save Copy.” You can then continue to save copies as you update it each few weeks, or as you use it as a template for multiple employees.
- If you don’t know what to do, check out my step by step guide for filling it in your payslip template.